Pranay Aggarwal is the Sociology faculty at IAS Gurukul. He has mentored thousands of civil services aspirants, several of whom have been successful.
His strong grasp of the discipline of Sociology as well as the requirements of the Civil Services Exam make him well placed to guide CSE aspirants with Sociology optional. With more than 10 years of experience guiding civil services aspirants; he is a teacher, mentor and friend to his students.
His ability to communicate with students with greatest ease make him a favourite teacher of many of his students. He understands that each student is unique and gives each student the special attention that he/ she needs and deserves.
He is an acknowledged expert on civil services exam preparation. He is a faculty, public speaker and writer on various aspects of the exam. His expert views and articles have been published extensively in reputed national media such as The Hindu newspaper, Indian Express, The Tribune, and India Today. Some of his recently published expert articles (in 2021) on UPSC exam preparation in national media are:
1. Busting a few myths about the UPSC exams in The Hindu newspaper
3. How to choose the right optional subject for UPSC civil services examination? in the India Today magazine
4. What traits does UPSC look for in the IAS Personality test? in The Tribune newspaper
5. Not sure how to start preparing for IAS? Here is a head start in the India Today magazine
6. Tips to race ahead in the last lap in The Tribune newspaper
7. Is online coaching the right way to prepare for IAS? in the India Today magazine
8. How to write good answers in civil services exam? in the India Today magazine
9. Score 200 plus in UPSC Interview in the Tribune newspaper
10. 3-month revision plan for UPSC Prelims 2021? All you need to know in the India Today magazine
He has been commended by Dr. Kiran Bedi, LG of Puducherry, Mani Shankar Aiyar, Union Cabinet Minister (ex) and TSR Subramanian (IAS), Cabinet Secretary (ex) for guiding students towards a career in civil services.
He has qualified the UGC NET examination for Assistant Professorship in Sociology, conducted by the CBSE/NTA for the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. UGC NET is considered one of the toughest exams for teachers in the country, with success ratio of less than 6%.
He is a member of the UNESCO-established International Sociological Association and a member of its Research Committee RC04 on Sociology of Education. (See Letter from ISA RC04 Secretary Shaheeda Essack dt 24.08.20, see ISA RC04 Call for Papers)
He is a registered member of the Indian Sociological Society, established in 1951 by G.S. Ghurye, the father of Indian sociology. He is a member of its Research Committee RC-1 on History of Sociology and RC-17 on Sociology of Social Movements.
He is also the President of Indian Social Science Council and the Convenor of the Indian Civil Services Association - a leading think tank of retired senior bureaucrats working to make government more effective.
He has studied till the Masters level and has completed a course in Classical Sociological Theory from the University of Amsterdam, Netherlands. University of Amsterdam is one of Europe's best and oldest Universities (founded in 1632) which has produced six Nobel Laureates and five Prime Ministers of Netherlands. He has also completed a course in International Women's Health and Human Rights from Stanford University (USA), one of the world's leading Universities since 1891.